Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) Regional Network Initiative
Based at the Federal University of Pelotas in Brazil, the International Center for Equity in Health (ICEH) was a key partner in Countdown 2015 and continues to lead the Equity research for Countdown globally, in-country and now regionally as the lead and coordinating institution of the LAC Regional Network Initiative.
The main goals of the LAC regional network are:
- Capacity building towards monitoring, with a focus on equity, and including coverage, policies, programs and financing, with priority given to high burden countries.
- Coordinating country case studies, with priority given to high burden countries.
- Coordinating thematic studies on issues recognized as especially relevant for the region, or lacking in the literature.
- Offering technical support to research colleagues across the region that want to do their own studies or monitoring exercises
- Creating long lasting collaborations between the participants of the capacity building activities and the monitoring and evaluation studies